Published on May 24th, 2017 | by Ian John
The Biggest Game In Club Soccer Offers A Betting Bonanza At Bet365 Sport
As always, Bet365 Sport are ready to offer an outstanding service to their punters including a massive range of bets on the event, as well as In Play betting on the match as it is in progress.
Before we take a look at our picks for the popular Match Winner and Correct Score markets, let’s give you a statistical rundown on both of the teams that will be appearing in the finals looking at how each of them has performed in their respective domestic league and the Champions League this season.
Juventus – The Stats
- League Position – 1st (Champions of Serie A)
- Serie A Record – P37 W28, D4, L5 F75 A26 Pts88 (+49)
- Leading Scorer – Gonzalo Higuain – 37 appearances, 24 goals
- Manager – Massimiliano Allegri
Champions League 2016-2017 – How did Juventus perform?
- Group Stage – Match 1 – Juventus 0-0 Sevilla
- Group Stage – Match 2 – Dinamo Zagreb 0-4 Juventus (Pjanic 24, Higuain 31, Dybala 57, Alves 85)
- Group Stage – Match 3 – Lyon 0-1 Juventus (Cuadrado 76)
- Group Stage – Match 4 – Juventus 1-1 Lyon (Higuain 13 Pen)
- Group Stage – Match 5 – Sevilla 1-3 Juventus (Marchisio 45, Bonucci 84, Mandzukic 90)
- Group Stage – Match 6 – Juventus 2-0 Dinamo Zagreb (Higuain 52, Rugani 73)
- Round of 16 – 1st Leg – FC Porto 0-2 Juventus (Pjaca 72, Alves 74)
- Round of 16 – 2nd Leg – Juventus 1-0 FC Porto (Dybala 42 Pen)
- Quarter Final – 1st Leg – Juventus 3-0 Barcelona (Dybala 7,22, Chiellini 55)
- Quarter Final – 2nd Leg – Barcelona 0-0 Juventus
- Semi Final – 1st Leg – Monaco 0-2 Juventus (Higuain 29,59)
- Semi Final – 2nd Leg – Juventus 2-1 Monaco (Mandzukic 33, Alves 44)
Top Champions League Goalscorer: Gonzalo Higuain – 11 apps, 5 goals
Juventus Probable Starting XI (3-4-2-1): Buffon, Barzagli, Bonucci, Chiellini, Dani Alves, Alex Sandro, Khedira, Pjanic, Mandzukic, Dybala, Higuain.
Real Madrid – The Stats
- League Position – 1st (Champions of La Liga)
- Serie A Record – P38 W29, D6, L3 F106 A41 Pts93 (+65)
- Leading Scorer – Cristiano Ronaldo – 29 games, 25 goals
- Manager – Zinedine Zidane
Champions League 2016-2017 – How did Real Madrid perform?
- Group Stage – Match 1 – Real Madrid 2-1 Sporting Lisbon (Ronaldo 89, Morata 90)
- Group Stage – Match 2 – B.Dortmund 2-2 Real Madrid (Ronaldo 17, Varane 68)
- Group Stage – Match 3 – Real Madrid 5-1 Legia Warzaw (Bale 16, OG 19, Asensio 37, Vazquez 68, Morata 84)
- Group Stage – Match 4 – Legia Warzaw 3-3 Real Madrid (Bale 1, Benzema 35, Kovacic 85)
- Group Stage – Match 5 – Sporting L 1-2 Real Madrid (Varane 29, Benzema 87)
- Group Stage – Match 6 – Real Madrid 2-2 B.Dortmund (Benzema 28,53)
- Round of 16 – 1st Leg – Real Madrid 3-1 Napoli (Benzema 18, Kroos 49, Casemiro 54)
- Round of 16 – 2nd Leg – Napoli 1-3 Real Madrid (Ramos 51, OG 57, Morata 90)
- Quarter Final – 1st Leg – Bayern Munich 1-2 Real Madrid (Ronaldo 44,77)
- Quarter Final – 2nd Leg – Real Madrid 4-2 Bayern Munich AET (Ronaldo 76, 104, 109, Asensio 112)
- Semi Final – 1st Leg – Real Madrid 3-0 Atletico Madrid (Ronaldo 10, 73, 86)
- Semi Final – 2nd Leg – Atletico Madrid 2-1 Real Madrid (Isco 42)
Top Champions League Goalscorer: Cristiano Ronaldo – 12 Apps , 10 Goals
Real Madrid Probable Starting XI (4-3-1-2): Navas, Carvajal, Marcelo, Ramos, Varane, Kroos, Casemiro, Modric, Isco, Benzema, Ronaldo
Champions League Final Facts And Figures
- If Real Madrid win they will become the first team to retain the Champions League since the competition adopted that name in the 1990s.
- The final on the 3rd July is a repeat of the final held in 1998, when a single goal from Predrag Mijatovic was enough to give Real Madrid the win.
- Juventus have a dismal record in Champions League finals, winning two finals (in 1985 and 1996) but being the losing finalist on a record six occasions.
- Real have played in 14 finals, winning 11 and losing 3. Their last defeat in the final was in 1981 when they lost 1-0 to Liverpool in Paris.
- If Juventus win, they will be the first club to win the trophy unbeaten in the competition since Manchester United in the 2007/2008 season.
- In the last seven matches between the teams, Real have won just once, Juventus winning four and there have been two draws.
- Cristiano Ronaldo has scored 102 Champions League goals in his career and set a record for scoring 17 goals in the tournament in a single season back in 2013/14.
- Several players have played for both clubs including Alvaro Morata, Sami Khedira and Gonzalo Higuain. Real manager Zinedine Zidane also played for both clubs before becoming Real Madrid manager in early 2016.
Bet365 Top Tips For the Champions League Final 2017
Match Result – Draw 11/5 (at 90 minutes)
As with any major final, the game cannot finish in a draw, but it can end in a draw at the 90 minute mark and with both of these teams so well matched and this likely to be a final that doesn’t see too many goals, my money is on this game being a very tight affair, with both teams strongly focused on not conceding a goal.
Chiefly because of this I feel that it may take some time before the game opens up and rather like the 1998 final, which was a somewhat defensive affair of few chances, it may take a moment of madness or inspiration to decide the game. There are players on both sides who can provide this of course, but my gut feeling is that whether it is 0-0 or 1-1, I just feel that more than 90 minutes will be needed to split the teams here.
Correct Result – 1-1 (5/1 with Bet365 Sport)
Having identified that I feel that this game will be a closely fought contest and that I think by the end of 90 minutes things will be all square. The time has come to decide on the score of the game and my feeling is here that Real will likely be able to puncture the Juventus back line once during the 90 minutes.
However, I am confident that Juventus will be able to find the net too against a Real Madrid defence that has proven surprisingly susceptible at times, especially against attackers who run intelligently and use the space in front of the back line well, and Pablo Dybala is the key man for Juventus here who could unlock the Real defence. As such, I think 1-1 is a very good choice for the correct score today.